08 June, 2008

Ah June....


The year is marching on,and staying with this is hard.So many ideas,and projects,and then work.Love my job,animals are the best to share your workday with,provided they are ok with the process.Most are,and treats are always a good thing ,for all concerned.
While in the house this winter,mostly being in bed, sick with a flu that wouldn't die,I had the pleasure of joining some plant coops.Man,they are great,like a day at Macy's with 70% off on everything.I bought so many plants, I have to make new beds for them.I have hostas,lots of hostas,still waiting on some in the mail too.Clematis' have become an addiction too,found a great lady in Washington that has her own business,Silver Star Vinery,have to give Debbie a plug,hers are wonderful.. now I am having to find places for them to climb.
If you are a gardening freak,check out Davesgarden.com You won't be disappointed,so many great people and I'm learning so much too.
That's where the coops started.plants,plant labels,marker for the plant labels,hangapots for the plants,you have to see those too. It's hangapot.com
I even put in another small pond,and I found a minature water lily,Helvola.. the size of a quarter,blooms and leaves,got a ceramic pot for that one.See what I mean?
A friend was here today,and she told me she thought my drug of choice(plant addiction) was probably getting more expensive than the street drugs out there... she has no clue.*evil grin*
Of course I have to have soaker hoses,more pots,more mulch,more soil.. well, you get the idea.
A pic of the new pond for some of the new plants.
Did I mention the squirrels are back,and enjoying the feeders,theirs and the birds...

No comments: