10 January, 2010

Warming up!


It's finally almost over,the cold spell lasted for about 80 hours they say, it seemed like 80 days to me...
It wasn't so bad, and my kitchen pipes thawed out with out bursting, so it's all good. And hopefully,I know I repeat myself, the bug problem will be better next summer,the fleas were so bad here,and anyone with dogs knows that it is a pain to get them... and hard to get rid of if you have critters such as squirrel, raccoons,possums, feral cats and the like visiting your yard.
I can't wait for spring, plants popping back up,the birds coming more,and getting out and enjoying the backyard again.Maybe this year I'll get the greenhouse built,hoping my daughter gets to come and help on it. it' would be great to work on it with her,and I know the two of us can do it. We have done some amazing things,and she is a can do young lady, like my Mom was,like I hope I am...
I went to a friends house last night,and 3 of us played Mille Bornes,the french card game, I have played it since I was a kid, my parents taught us, it was the best.If you can find Mille Bornes,and it is still sold,try it,and kids love it.You take a trip,and collect 1000 miles,but the trick is to keep other players from scoring miles by throwing different driving hazard cards on them, and they have to fix them to continue with their miles... simple but so fun.
And Scrabble is still a big one with us,GrandMama,Mama Allison,Beth and I all played. I guess reading alot helped us too,that is big in our family.I have been reading a series of James Patterson's books, The Women's Murder Club.Pretty good,and he is still coming out with new ones....up to # 8 now. It isn't Tolstoy,but they are good for curling up when it's cold and you tire of the mindless crap on tv. One can only listen about Tiger so many times without wanting to throw the thing out the window... I'm just saying.
Well,it's Sunday ,and I should be doing something for the good of the household,like clean litterboxes,and laundry,hoping to be busy at work this coming week, and I hope your week goes well for you,in whatever you want it to.....

2 comments:

Amber Star said...

It seems like I've played that before but looked on Amazon to see what the box looks like and I don't think so. By 1962 I was married and off onto my life adventure.

The cold is stubborn and hangs on still. Coughing and feeling crummy all day. It will get better. Loved the countdown to spring on your blog.

Pyewacketcat said...

I found that countdown on someone's blog,I love it too. We can almost start checking out the seed catalogs,and I'm going to get that darn greenhouse done this year too,I hope anyway....
Hope you get better soon,oh lookout! It's the sun! :)