22 January, 2012


The winter has been a joke, not much cold,and no snow.Yet. But as the season is on it's way out, I am thinking about starting some seeds in the greenhouse already... Due to the economic downturn and all, I need to learn to grow as much of my food as I can. And if I could grow a new hip, that would be the best. I hope to have a new one by the end of this year... more on that to come.
I worked in the greenhouse today, it is looking ok, everything is still alive,and needed to be watered, and had a couple of amaryllis bulbs to plant,so I played in the dirt, and put new fuses in the yard string lights. First time I had to do that..Now I need to go back out and clean the waterfall filter....
Beth was here for 5 days, and we had a wonderful time, not long enough for me, but I am sure she was ready to get back to her life. Seattle is such a beautiful place,I would like to go stay for a month or so, so I could get all the things I want to do in,and be with her on a less harried schedule. I loved the day we stayed on my bed and played Scrabble and Bananagrams.... the game she bought me for Christmas.... low key, we need more of those times, I know I have more yesterdays than tomorrows,and I want so many of them with her...
I hope your winters are safe,and warm out there......

1 comment:

Amber Star said...

She is a delightful girl. Playing games with the "kids" is great fun. Anytime they take the time to be with us and only us it is so wonderful.

Our greenhouse is still standing. Last week we had to have a guy fix the water supply to it. There was a leak and they dug up a good part of the yard right where they needed to fix the thing. It was warm at least.